Terms & Conditions
1. IntroductionThe following terms and conditions apply to all services, including website development and design services, (the Services) provided by Won Connect CIC to the Client, in conjunction with any relevant quotation provided to the Client by Won Connect CIC (Terms), unless otherwise agreed in writing. Acceptance of a quote, purchase and/or use of the Services shall be considered acceptance of the Terms. Digital and Technology is a service part of Won Connect CIC. Our terms and conditions for website projects are described and explained here. Please note that sometimes a more extensive contract would be agreed. Yet, this page should give you an idea of the terms and conditions between you as client and Won Connect CIC as service provider. The terms and conditions are primarily for web design and development projects but also could include web hosting, website maintenance and domain names.
2. Before the Work Starts
A specification is agreed before any work on a project starts. This will be decided together and will be determined before a price is given for the project. If We provide you with an estimate for work before a full specification is provided, this is only an estimate. The price may change when the full specification is decided. A full specification would normally need all website content to be provided and the functionality agreed.
After a specification is agreed, a price and estimated start and completion date will be provided to the client (providing deposits are paid on time). See our rates and prices for website design and development.
3. Payments and DepositAfter a price is agreed, a 30% deposit will be invoiced; it must be paid and cleared in Won Connect CIC’s bank account before any work starts. The remaining 70% will be invoiced after our involvement in the project is completed, regardless of the involvement of other parties. The final payment of 70% must be paid within 7 working days (as specified on invoices) of our involvement in the project being completed. If the project takes longer than 1 month, unless agreed otherwise with the Client, all website design services require an advance payment of a minimum of thirty three (30) percent of the project quotation total before the work commences. A second payment of thirty three (30) percent is required after the client review and design sign off stage, with the remaining percentage of the project quotation total due upon completion of the work, prior to upload to the server or release of materials. The deposit is only refundable if no work starts, otherwise is non-refundable. For any jobs, the deposit is at our discretion and may vary. If, at any stage, you change your mind about what you want to be delivered and are not happy with the direction our work is taking you’ll pay us in full for the time we’ve spent working with you until that point; and we would agree to terminate the project.
4. Completion Date and TimelineWe know You are excited to receive your final product, and We don’t want to leave You waiting. We will roll up our sleeves and get work on the agreed upon date and continue until the satisfactory completion of the Services. This means that We won’t throw the towel in until the website We develop for You is performing exactly as agreed to.
We will make every effort to meet the agreed completion date. Sometimes, circumstances change and if for any reason We cannot meet the agreed completion date We will endeavour to notify you in plenty of time.
Any requests for extra work or changes to the project must be supplied in writing by email.
Requests for extra work or changes to the project specification after the specification is agreed, or are requested after the project has started, will affect the agreed completion date and agreed price. Any requests for extra work or changes to the project will be quoted for and, if agreed, will be invoiced in advance as an interim payment. If, for whatever reason, the client would like to move the completion date to an earlier time than agreed, a “rush fee” will apply, although this will be agreed before the rush work is started. In addition to testing and checks that I carry out, it is the client’s responsibility to check over the finished project. We will guide you through the process.
5. Copyright NoticeA Copyright notice that states “©[XXX]” will be displayed on the bottom of each page of your website.
6. Intellectual PropertyYou will own the masterpiece, also known as the website, that We design for You and any visuals that We provide with it. We will turn over our work product, including any necessary files, and You will be responsible for their safekeeping. We are not required to keep copies. You guarantee that You have the legal right to all elements of text, photographs, and anything else that You provide to Us and that You will not hold Us responsible for any third-party claims.
We will own any copyrightable work, ideas, inventions, products, or other information that We create in connection with the Services We are providing. We guarantee that We have the legal right to all elements related to the Services We are providing and will not hold You responsible for any third-party claims.